tibikefor2
Zinophile

Bikes: Spectrum Ti, Spectrum Track and Lemond Propad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I glad they work for you but at $165 there are other options that are much cheaper...and work without batteries.

First, the Amfibs aren't really an insulating shoe cover. Neoprene ones from Performance do insulate and are very rugged. I've been riding the same set for nearly 5 years now and they still don't show any wear.

Second, I just got a pair of these shoe inserts to replace a pair of old insulating inserts that have worn out. I tried them for the first time yesterday and, not only are they warm but they are deliciously soft and comfy

And finally, try over the knee socks like these. Even with your warmers you might find them more comfortable. I find that if I keep my leg warm from the knee to the toe, I can ride in much lower temperatures more comfortably.
I can not use the Performance booties, as my cleat placement causes the rubber sole to rub against my crank arm. I tried trimming a pair, but to no benefit.

The fleece inserts look interesting, but my road shoes are too snug to fit them. I do not like using mountain bike shoes not want to go one size larger in my road shoes, as this has caused me problems in the past.

I have tried the long socks and my feet still got cold (My blood pressure is 92/52 and I have problems with my extremities getting cold).

Believe me, I have tried everything under the sun, and the heated footbeds are the only thing that has worked for me, so that I can be out in the cold for a century and not suffer.