Thread: need help
View Single Post
Old 01-22-07, 11:03 AM
Air
Destroyer of Wheels

Bikes: Surly LHT, Dahon folding bike. RIP Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I'm in your boat too. Around Christmas time I tried on an old tux that I haven't tried on since HS. Despite being a little short it was only about one size too small which I thought was pretty good. My parents response? "Looks like you need to go on a diet" This is after knowing that I've been and have been riding. Seriously, that was the last day I entered stuff in Fitday. Amazing how quick one comment can kill your motivation and ego. I broke up with my gf two weeks ago because I know I need that motivation and she was also making me feel worse in different ways.

Trying to get my road bike in riding shape, just replaced the cables/stem/handlebars so just need to dial it in. Been riding a few miles here and there (yeah Tom - I owe ya some...chalk it up to this whole feeling of blah and not proud of what few miles I have compared to what I was doing) but need to get back on the wagon. I thought about it this morning - I didn't fall off as much as it balked and ran me over.

Also incredible how one meal seems to wipe out two months of work. I like a challenge but it's like walking a tightrope - in two weeks I gained 8 pounds and didn't even go hog wild.

It's the year of the enema!