View Single Post
Old 01-23-07, 11:35 PM
J Baldwin
JnDBaldwin

Bikes: Longbikes Triplet, Santana Ti, Cannondale RT 2000 (Child Stoker Converted), Calfee Tetra Pro Carbon, Kestrel Talon SL Carbon, Kestrel Talon TT, Bike Friday NWT, Merckx Millenium Ti (2), Trek 400R, Specialized MTB, DB MTB, Specialized Epic, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TandemGeek
Assuming everything is set up correctly, let me suggest that you give Mark Johnson a call at Precision Tandems near Kansas City. He's no stranger to troubleshooting unusual problems and upgrades and, given that you're already looking at the FSA MegaEXO cranks & bottom brackets, he'd be able to make a sound recommendation on what the latest available configurations would work with your desired gearing.

Phone: 913-962-8866 between 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. CT
Email: info2007@precisiontandems.com

Funny you mention Marks name as I've been working with him all afternoon on replacement stuff for this issue. Seems like a super guy. You can bet I'm making darn sure most of the componentry I purchase from him will be able to go on something other than a Santana if our fixes don't stick though! You know, everyone likes to be proud of their bikes but now that I have a few tandems my pride is gravitating toward the other than 160mm options. I'm just plain getting tired of work arounds, band aid fixes and proprietary parts for the sake of lining a certain guys pocket. It's been a hard lesson that at least my kids won't make.
Jeff