Old 01-24-07, 11:45 AM
Shiznaz
Gone, but not forgotten

Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am planning to do a cross continental ride on my Soma Double Cross. Apart from a brooks on it and adding more comfy bar tape, I plan to raise the stem to saddle level and slap some Tubus racks on it. The Tubus logo rack has the benefit of offering the option to mount the rear panniers further back, lessening the problem of short chainstays and heel run inherent in the shorter chainstays of CX bikes.

I say go for it. Once of the things I like about being on a CX bike is that I can ditch all the extra weight and take it down some singletrack for the afternoon. This will be very nice as we plan on touring through some mountain bike 'mecca' areas. We are planning on crossing the rockies, so I am running a 12-32 XTR cassette, and a 38/46 double in front. I may change this gearing down a little bit, but we will see.

If you like the bike and it will suit the kind of riding you want to do, stick with it. I have an extra bike that is essentially redundant and I feel bad I don't ride it enough and essentially wasted money on it.