View Single Post
Old 01-24-07, 05:54 PM
Air
Destroyer of Wheels

Bikes: Surly LHT, Dahon folding bike. RIP Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I'm the guy closest to the camera (with the bandana). I have plenty of options - hands on hoods, hands in drops, hands on top of bar by stem, hands on outside bend of top of bars. How many more options do you need?
Haha - I meant options while grabbing the brakes. With the hoods up more (I adjusted them since those pictures) I can just, just barely grab the brakes with my pointy finger when in the drops.

Took her out for a spin (6 miles to the lbs and back). First bump I hit my hands flew right off the hoods, just barely grabbed the bars to avoid the wipe out. This did not instill the aura of confidence (especially since this was in traffic)! Also couldn't really get enough leverage to stop in the distance I needed it to from the hoods (even with my thumbs wrapped around). The bike in general feels 'jumpy' though - maybe the larger yet thinner wheels to what I'm used to?

I talked to him about getting those ergo bars but he checked and can't get them that will fit the stem. He did recommend though getting a few pieces of PVC pipe, cutting them and creating that angle. Then tape the heck out of it. Not a bad idea - next project. Probably would be a little shock absorbing by design as well. Needed to go to Home Depot to get a new drill anyway.

I've met engineers that think like you.
Yeah, I pitied my teachers....

It's the year of the enema!