BikeNinjagirl
lofi lowlife

Bikes: Raleigh Rush 48x16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
questions from a very new newbie

ok --here goes -- please forgive my stupidity-so i've been riding my Rush Hour since november i love it can't get enough of it but i need to ask a few things from those who "know" first off -- i had a guy tell me i needed to get rid of those track bars and get bullhorns ???? ok, he then went into a very long explanation of why i needed to change -- but yet he was using track bars --- when i pointed this out he gave another long explanation about his back -- so i'm confused -- i'm still riding this bike stock -- since i'm still learning -- other people tell me i need to change my brake hoods --- change them ?? ok -- i kinda don't like the length of the brake lever itself but i didn't know i had a choice....would it make that much difference ? i love this bike, it is so tight feeling compared to my mountain bike ( which is all i've ever ridden) which i'm totally vexed about....now my mountain bike feels like it's dragging it's rear end along behind it. i still use the mtn for my commuter but only because i work & lock up in an area that is theft city. I wish i could ride this Rush everywhere -- so guys tell me do i need to look into changing these things ? will it make a difference ? i'm happy now -- the only "problem" i seem to have is: i wobble alot if i stand up on the pedals to get started...and that doesn't happen on my mountain bike...am i doing something wrong? i just figured all those years of mtn bike riding (offroad) had me into the habit of placing shoulder weight on the bars and i need to lose that habit... right? wrong? thanks for listening major thanks for any help you give