The CLYDE
Clyde Rider/Racer

Bikes: Surly CrossXCheck & Cannondale F3000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kirbyx
I am average weight, bike a lot of mountain road distance, fairly fastish. I am stunned how many Clydes I see on bikes, and how powerful they (very often) are. But the one thing that makes them (generally) stand apart from the standard roadie is attitude... they smile, actually seem to enjoy the hard work, and have an infectious good vibe. It's f*****g inspirational.
I been the chubby guy on a bike, I been the skinny as hell road racer and now I'm the REALLY REALLY big guy on a bike and you are ABSOLUTELY correct...We Clydes just bring to cycling a grounding it so desperately needs, those little race twerps are such a-holes nine times out of ten but man...is it fun to get on one of their slip streams and hold with them for a few miles...they ALWAYS try and lose you eventually but you stay, right there, making them work and then they think, "okay fat boy...yer turn, have the front" and that's when I like to get up front and show them what REAL cycling pain feels like. I've always been a mountain goat, so i love to hurt the skinnies up a climb, increase the tempo everytime I hear them exhale hard or drop gears...Sure, they eventually pass you but not before you've given them a whole new appreciation for the bigman/woman on a bike. The next time you see em' out there, you typically have earned "the nod."

Skinny or fat has so little to do with output once your legs and lungs have been conditioned.