cohophysh
fishologist

Bikes: Diamondback MTB; Leader 736R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
more thoughts on clydes and carbon forks

Well I have been giving this some thought...I know there have been a few threads on it and I thought I would try to rationalize. I think Hambone had a table with the weight limit on carbon forks...my thought is this. I am not totally sure that even if a carbon fork has a weight limit that a clyde would exceed it...Let me explain. when sitting on a bike most of the riders weight is on the seat vs. the handlebars, when you move out of the seat to stand, perhaps picking up speed or going up hill more weight will be transferred to the handlebars, BUT there is still weight on the pedals. One of my assumptions is that weight may not be evenly distributed on the bike (more on the rear wheel less one the front. If someone had two scales, put one under the front tire and one under the back and had a way to stabilize, this theory could be proven or disproven. Just my opinion...please share your thoughts and does this make sense?

1990 Diamond Back MTB
2007 Leader 736R
www.cohocyclist.blogspot.com
http://www.loopd.com/members/cohocyclist/Default.aspx