Old 01-28-07, 09:57 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffS

You simply cannot provide a high level of service to the type of residential communities we have been building in this country for the last thirty years. Trying is a waste of money.
AMEN +1

Build the system, and the people will come to it. If you want to make it happen faster, stop all road projects and focus solely on transit. Stop approving building permits for 2000 home neighborhoods 15-20 miles from city center off a two lane road. Instead, approve dense housing development along your new rail corridor.
We just got news of yet another development in what used to be the rural area surrounding our small farm...8,000 new homes! and I guarantee they have not made any allowances for increasing the road infrastructure. Just what I want to have to deal with 15,000 frustrated motorists trying to get somewhere on narrow two lane no shouldered roads We have seen over 5,000 homes go in neighborhoods within a 5 mile radius of us in just the past 5 years.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon