View Single Post
Old 01-29-07, 11:46 AM
botto 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Rouleur!
Does anyone else think it's interesting that a little over a month after the IPCT votes to exlude Discovery Channel. Allegations of systematic doping against the presider of the IPCT and Quick Step manager, Patrick Lefevere, are made in the european sporting press?
You're information is incorrect.

Seems a bit convenient don't you think?
Seems appropriate, especially in lieu of the fact that he's made passing comments/accusations on plenty of other riders and teams. If you think he's cleaner than the others, you're wrong.

I know its just cycling and conspiracy theories seem outlandish, but its only cycling to the guys on the bikes to everyone else involved its a business and money talks... So how crazy is it to assume that the threat of Lefevere's outspokeness poses to Discovery (and others that have taken on or are willing to take on banned or implicated riders) would make him a target for character assasination or at worst a set up...

I don't mean to hate on discovery.
I was a huge Basso fan and still am to an extent, although what he did to Riis seems kind wrong (Refusing DNA testing and leaving CSC only to agree to the possibility of future DNA tests with Discovery).
you mean mr. 60%?

Seems like he took an easy out of his contract with CSC for a possibly bigger contact with Disco.

I digress though...
correct.