Old 01-31-07, 12:23 AM
permanentjaun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coyboy
peanut butter sandwiches don't require cooking. bread takes up a lot of room though. I take lots of nuts (especially cashews) hiking becaue they have a high fat content. I also take balance bars, rasins, chese crackers, snickers, tuna in foil pouches, summer sausage, pringles chips etc. Basically, food without a lot of water (except fot the tuna in foil). I love the last bit of cherios in the box (you know the real fine dust). for backpacking I take a hammer aholt of some to get rid of the bulk and is it similar to the powder (not quite as good for some reason) and carry powdered milk.

Coy Boy

Peanut butter and bread seems to be a popular answer. Thanks for the cashews suggestion though. I completely forgot about nuts, but its more obvious now with the peanut butter suggestions. Cashews would be a great cheap snack food to keep me going. They wouldn't spoil. They're easily found at grocery stores, and are highly nutritious. Sounds like a good pick so far. I'm really trying to go for the bare basics to carry and any luxury foods I'll eat at restaurants.

Is there any benefit that carrying snicks, pringles, summer sausage would give more than peanut butter sandwiches and cashews besides more variety?