View Single Post
Old 01-31-07, 11:01 AM
Xanti Andia

Bikes: Co-Motion Mocha, Trek T100, Schwinn Fastback Comp, Specialized Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cornucopia72
Does this means that you did not get the Co-Mo with the dings and SS couplers?
Nope, went for full price 4650, '06 Co-mo Speedster with S&S and two travel cases, dings and all. Still in the market and close to giving up and ordering a new Speedster custom sized. Saw a Cappucino with S&S go for $ 4000!. That has a discontinued Soft Ride beam so I think it is off TGeek's table.

Then one fellow American selling an S&S Burley said that he was not comfortable dealing with foreigners! I could not believe that one. I thought "The Ugly American" was a dying breed.

Meanwhile another fellow American is wants to send the police after the seller of a Rodriguez who did not deliver in spite of payment.

I would sugest that unless the money for bike exchange is done in person, use a reputable Tandem shop for inspection and as a sort of Escrow, seller ships the bike to a shop, shop inspects and adds accesories, ships bike when seller receives his money and bills buyer for accesories and service. I have not tested this, don't know if a bike shop and the seller would agree.