Old 01-31-07, 09:55 PM
jbrams

Bikes: Rivendell Sam Hillborne, Rivendell Cheviot, 2007 Jamis Aurora, 2013 Salsa El Mariachi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the REALLY fast feedback ronjon10 and john bono. I agree that any money beyond the purchase will be put into at least a new rear wheel, maybe 36h or 40h. Weight of the bike really isn't the issue for me, I can lose more weight than any 10 components on the bike =)

However, there were conflicting answers to wheels question:
32's should be fine. Take them back to the shop where you bought it and get the wheels retensioned after a few hundred miles. That'll help. If they fail eventually, so be it, you'll be a lighter man for it.
and
Probably not. I rode my sequoia with 32h alex rims, and they didn't hold up(spoke failure at 600miles). I had to swap them for 36h velocity deep Vs.
So I'll count this as a "maybe" ... though I suppose as long as the failure is not catestrophic that I can just replace the wheel when it begins to fail.
Anyone else who can give me some advice or share your experiences on this subject (and for any of the other questions) would be really appreciated!