Thread: Felt F4c?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-07, 07:34 AM
jbpence

Bikes: 2009 Custom TI Frame Road Bike, all 2007 Campy Record, Campy Euros Wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i was recently professionally fitted for a 'custom built' bike- I am 5'10.5", 30" inseam. so I have a medium longish torso. I bet the original poster does as well. Not a LONG torso, but in between. The felt geometry was picked by the shop as being the most appropriate - in a 54 cm size. They picked the felt F1C (2007, team issue) frame. The bike is not finished, or I'd give a more complete report on how I like the fit. waiting on 2007 campy record crank to come in.

as a comparison, I also ride a Specialized roubaix, size 56, which is a little too long in the top tube, given its geometry. However, the 54 roubaix does not fit well either.

check it out - the felt geometry is a bit different than that of other manufacturers, and according to my shop a good match for the longer torso folks among us. Assuming the F4C and the F1C geometry is the same ( and I believe it is) I think a 56 might be a tad too big, and feel certain the 52 is too small.

Last edited by jbpence; 02-02-07 at 07:40 AM.