View Single Post
Old 02-04-07, 12:45 PM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 1,062 Times in 787 Posts
I haven't seen enough Viners or Olmos from this time period to say for certain, but a couple things stick out for me: the under-BB cable "guides" are a rather crude method (just a strip of sheet metal), seems like the style that would have been made in the early years of adoption of this style. Also the bridge between chainstays is one I've seen before and I associate it with "contract-built" frames. The brake bridge and forkcrown are IC Cinelli items, but the lugs look like long-point Prugnats with a standard window cutout, nothing distinctive to a particular builder, hundreds of builders had access to these parts, and outside of Italy, too. The forkblades look like Columbus profile to me, not 531, BUT (biggest BUT) the blades look tweaked, that sharp point in the curve is suspicious, have your LBS (or somebody experienced) check the fork for crashing...it might be a simple job to bend it back if it isn't creased. I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's EARLY to mid '80s, and I say measure the WIDTH of BB shell and/or look at the rusty BB cups for threading markings (like 1.37 x 24 or 36 X 24) to determine if it's an Italian or BSC BB...enjoy the bike!