View Single Post
Old 02-05-07, 08:25 AM
Rocket Richard

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Letter to Cycle Sport

I have a friend who copied me on an article he wrote to Cycle Sport recently because he was tired of all the bashing that channels mostly American teams and riders. Keep in mind, this person is very in tune with the European racing circuit. I thought it would defenitely get the editor's attention! Tell me what you think.

TO: CycleSport Magazine

I am advising you that an investigation has been opened against you and several members of your staff for Journalistic Misconduct. Due to these allegations you and your staff will be terminated from your current employment. The other cycling magazines have agreed not to hire you until such time as the investigation is complete and determines you cleared or to be charged -which may a year or two from now if ever. Best of luck to you in your new careers!..........

Doesn’t sound right that allegations with no facts or charges should cost your job, does it? An unofficial agreement not hire you sounds like Black Listing doesn’t it? Sound familiar?

I have received this month’s CycleSport America issue and recommend renaming it to CycleSport BASH America. I think there were a few American riders you didn’t slam for one reason or another but I’m sure you’ll catch up to them next month. Yes the British legacy is much better. Let’s see Tom Simpson died WHILE doping but is now a de facto Saint for it and David Millar is called a hero for admitting he doped –While in police custody with his used syringe as evidence mind you.

Here are some more examples of what hypocrites you are:

Whenever you want to hang Landis you cite the testing as proof positive and fool proof but when you want to smear Lance you stay he never tested positive because the tests aren’t good and cant be trusted.
You call for Landis’ head for cheating as indicated by the test but yet fail to point out the lab that accuses him was just found guilty of cheating in court (one man testing both samples among other shadowy practices). Cheating is cheating right?
You tout Patrick Lefevre of Team Quick Step as leading the Good Fight against doping and the Evil Discovery team yet there is 100% proof he runs a doping ring on his team. “100% proof” since allegations are enough to convince you Basso is guilty so they must be enough to make Lefevre guilty. Right?
You cry for Pereiro to be given the 2006 yellow jersey however he is now unveiled as a drug cheat! Yes, remember your ZERO TOLERANCE policy???? Zero tolerance means no tolerance of violating the doping laws. He has admitted to failure to comply with doping rules. Oh you don’t like the sound of “zero” so much now??
You have convicted Landis before the disciplinary hearing and demand action but ignore, insult and belittle the same disciplinary process that cleared Basso. So only decisions that match your “witch hunt” mentality are valid?

I would encourage you to print this letter but I’m quite sure you won’t as it doesn’t support your self righteous perspective. For this you have been awarded the BROWN wristband. I’m sure you can guess what that stands for. Report the facts but save us all your snide and smug whining.