Old 02-05-07, 01:35 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by !!Comatoa$ted
I agree with you on this. The issue is far to complex.

Global warming has been going on for a long time, since the ice age has ended. It is for this reason that I think global warming cannot be stopped. That being said I do believe we have had a hand in it as well with all the carbon we have liberated into the atmosphere at a much faster rate than if humans did not have the want to burn so much fossil fuels. Global warming also seems like a media event, most of the information that we have on it comes from the media, and in many cases I know that the media slants things one way or another in order to make themselves money
There are a great many non-media sources of information about global warming. Let me link you to two:
  1. The web site of the international panel of scientists and governments that will soon issue a report concluding that it is more than 90 % certain that human activity is causing global warming, and that this will seriously impact life on earth in the next 100 years.
  2. The weblog for a group of climate scientists. This blog summarizes the thousands of studies that form the body of scientific evidence about global warming.

"Think Outside the Cage"