Old 02-06-07, 10:35 AM
themickeyd
Got Bent?

Bikes: Rans F5 Enduro XL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have 5 bikes and my newest one is from REI. I picked up the Safari touring bike around a month ago and love it. REI has one of the best (if not the best) return policy of any store around. I picked it up mainly for commuting since it is a ridgid frame with 26 wheel size with disk brakes. I never thought it would happen but it is quickly competing for #1 Bike with my beloved Cannondale T-700. You can have the bike sent to the store in Santa Rosa for free and they will set it up before you go get it. Take it for a spin and if you don't think you will like it, tell them and they will help make it fit or find you one that will.

As for the LBS, I have found that majority talk big about "fitting" but I have yet to be ever properly fitted other than the stand over test. At the higher end the bike shops, I find harder to have them to take me seriously. The just see me as a fat guy kicking tires. Before I purchased the last bike I went to a couple of the local shops that offer discounts to members of the local club and found I got a whole lot better service and people to listen at REI and Performance.

(edit due to hitting the post button to quickly)