Red Rider
Don't mince words

Bikes: '16 BH Quartz, 2017 Calfeecustom carbon tandem, Fuji D6 TT bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lordoftherings
We too can’t wait for spring and summer. We are participating in a time trial on February 17 and the Solvang Century on March 10th. For dealing with the winter weather, we have raingear, fenders and rain bikes. We are training outdoors as much as possible unless the weather is really bad. We also do spin classes. It is forecast to start raining this Thursday and continue through the weekend until Tuesday; on go the rain jackets. Hopefully, the weather will be reasonable enough to take out the tandem.

Presently, we are skiing at Deer Valley, UT. We skied in freezing rain and fog yesterday (it was horrible) but today was beautiful; sunny, 53 degrees and no wind. The next couple of days will be good with weather coming in Thursday and Friday. Deer Valley is okay and the skiing is good but the base is marginal. We have no idea whether skiing will count as training toward our time trial (probably not) but we will be back in the saddle for a couple of training sessions prior to February 17th.
Hey, we'll be in Solvang, too! It'll be my second time, captain's first time, and first time on the tandem. Our friends & I rode last year; what an introduction to a century! Can't wait to see what we get this year.

We're headed to Palm Springs this weekend -- it was 82 or thereabouts yesterday -- sounds pretty sweet to me. Good luck in the rain this weekend.