Istanbul_Tea
X-Large Member

Bikes: 2004 Rivendell Atlantis, 2004 Thorn eXp, 2004 Bob Brown Cycles Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wabbit
How totally bizarre, imagine that even on a bike ride you'd feel threatened enough to carry a loaded weapon. Never once on a single bike ride have I ever felt threatened enough to even think I could WANT to shoot anyone,even if I HAD a gun. What is so dangerous or threatening that you need to feel you have to carry a loaded weapon? I can't believe that things are so much more dangerous there than they are here. Even if I HAD a gun, I can't imagine feeling I had to take one on a bike ride! What on earth does it say about a society where even when you're going someplace for recreation, you can't even relax enough to go without a weapon? Are you really sure that you need it, are there really so many dangers out there?
All good points... but you have to understand-we're Americans, we like to kill things and even if we had nothing to kill we like to think there might be something to kill eventually.

And if there's nothing to kill eventually, well, ummmm, errrrr, Charlton Heston tells us to kill, I mean to carry our guns- in case there's something we need to kill. I mean it's IN the Constitution so we have to follow it... it's not like a Right from 200+ years ago could possibly be outdated, NO WAY!

And about recreation... Of course biking is recreational but you never know when a highly armed person might be nearby posing as a frisbee player or pretending to walk their dog and BAAAAM!!, they might try to steal your bike or laugh at how you look in your skintight spandex-so you'll have to pull some heat out on them and punch 'em fulla lead.

Lance Armstrong has a Glock made out of carbon fibre tucked away beneath his helmet during the Tour de France just in case that pesky Jan Ulrich gets too close to beating him.