Multipass

Bikes: Lenz, Turner, Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bokes
Duggle,
that's a sweet Raven. But do you actually commute with it? I mean, don't you ever need to make a stop at a store or an errand on the way home, and if so, do you feel comfortable locking it up on the street?
This is the only thing that I commute with now. I commuted for the last four years with an MTB that is worth twice as much and I don't carry a lock with me. I VERY rarely stop on the way home and if I do I make sure I can take the bike inside with me and keep a very close eye on it, this has only been at Bike Warehouse or Performance Bike shops. Since my wife seems to love to shop this hasn't been a problem, she does enough for both of us. At work I put my bike inside the server room which requires badge entry and only a few people have access to (I'm the network admin).

My MTB
http://members.cox.net/duggle/Turner-1.JPG
The great thing about commuting on this is that I can cut through Rose canyon for five miles of dirt each way (total commute is 32 miles RT) and there are other fun options to hit along the way. The problem with commuting with this bike was that I got tired of carrying a camelback and the wet back you get on the way to work. I started doing things like adding a handlebar bag or Odysee suspension rack which kind of ruined the performance of the bike and made it less fun anyway.