Ride the Road

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check; hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by N_C
DC,

I think you may be a bit confused about the cyclist who was killed. It was only one person. There are 3 articles about it on bikeiowa. Not 3 articles about 3 differant people. The 1st is about the incident itself, the 2nd is about her being caught & the 3rd is the Iowa Bicycle Coalition's reaction to it. Not to correct you or anything, but I can see how anyone could think it is 3 articles about 3 differant people.
OK. How could "Complete Streets" have helped this one cyclist? You haven't linked the problem with your proposed solution.

Originally Posted by chipcom
DC, I'm kinda wondering why you see the need to preemptively limit any criticism of any of HH's 'analysis' of these examples just because N_C cited them? I mean if you choose to accept HH as your lord and master who is beyond reproach that's fine, but trying to stop any debate before he even writes a word is silly and suspect.
That's just silly. Here, N_C gives articles about a cyclist's death, and then uses it to advance his agenda without explaining how his agenda would help have helped the dead cyclist. I criticize HH sometimes, but N_C is doing exactly what a lot of you criticize HH for doing, except N_C provides no reasoning to advance his agenda. Just emotion.