Old 01-15-04, 09:45 AM
digger

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Don Cook
Now here's a predictable comment from someone out of touch with responsible methods of self defense planning, "....to even think I could WANT to shoot anyone". Who in the f...ing world said they wanted to shoot someone? That has nothing to do with the discussion so keep your canuck presumptions to yourself.

Guys, guys, guys, take it easy. Looks as if I started this whole thing. I meant no offence. I was just asking if this post was more of a...joke. But I can see that it is not.

Ok, so you feel that your personal safety is threatened and you want to protect yourself, should something happen. Ok, fair enough I understand. I too, do not want to be a victim and would like to ward off danger.

But considering your 'quick on the trigger' anger response, perhaps you should carry 2 guns.

One for the rootin' tootin' shootin' and the other to plant on the innocent victim of your quick to anger temperment.

THAT'S the whole reason for gun control - people cannot control themselves, something happens, someone is killed, then it is too late.

I realize that not ALL gun owners are the 'Yosamity Sam' types and are quite responsible. BUT, unfortunately, it is those bad eggs that cause the problems for others. So control is placed on everybody - equally.

But I don't want to get into gun control debate. Please no.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I cannot imagine living in such a place that I would have to consider carrying a gun. I feel great empathy for anyone who has to live in such fear.

So, like you said Don Cook, I will stay here in Canada (yeah we have our problems) and not visit the States and PLEASE you, and your types, stay there in the good 'ol US of A with your constitutional right to bear arms and live in fear. (How many are killed each year on average...11,000?)

But if you ever decide to break away from such a life and move North, or even for a vacation or a break from the fear, give me a private email message to let me know. We'll meet and I'll take you for a bike ride in my neck of the woods - sans firearm of course.

Digger

P.s. Best to come up during the summer, otherwise you'll need studded tires. Or we could go snowshoeing....?