View Single Post
Old 02-11-07, 06:44 PM
barba

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N_C
That is why I always get an estimate before I let a shop do the work. After I got your estimate I would not bring to you. If you refuse to give me an estimate I would not bring it to you. You want to do business with me it will be done fairly or we won't do business. Recumbents being hard to work on is a myth. Every place I have taken mine, even those not set up to work on them, have never had a problem & have never applied an upcharge for it being a recumbent. I guess we'll never be doing business together if I visit St Louis & I need work done on my bike while I'm there. I'll go to your competitor because of the upcharge.

When my LBS puts my bike in the stand they secure it by the seat frame, the same way they would on a wedgie bike by the seat post. The drive & braking system is identical to a wedgie bike. The chain on mine is 3 chains in one, that just means it is more expensive to buy a new one, but the labor is the same cost.
I don't get this post. It seems laden with attitude when all the guy did was say that you got a good deal. I would expect to pay more than $35 for a full tune up around here, as well.