Old 02-12-07, 05:07 PM
mattyknacks

Bikes: 2008 Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The CLYDE
Matty, there is NO question which 50% of us were right...the fifty percent that have had the misfortune of underestimating the strength of a wheelset, some get lucky and pop three spokes and throw the true and that's that - others, just having let their guard down have a situaition out of their hands that has them taking evasive action or whatnot and BING BAM BOOM you're seriously injured.

But all that said, I'm DEFINITELY NOT wanting/hoping/anything with regards to being right and I hope the wheelset is the last wheelset you ever own but my money says you're looking for a new set by March, hopefully you'll be in one piece when you're doing so.

But yep! night and day on a mountain specific set to a road/race set eh? You gotta love it!
OK< OK< I GIVE UP!! Two weeks have gone by and the 24 spoke rims I bought are holding up nice. Not a problem at all. BUT, I have been getting alot of comments about them being inadaquete for a person of my size from the people I work with that have bikes and from the guys at one of the local bike shops that I go to. So, I had a set of 36 spoke wheels with Velocity Deep V rims built and tomorrow is the new DAY 1. I will use the 36 spokes wheels for now and save the Speedcity wheels for a "lighter" day.

Matty in Brooklyn