View Single Post
Old 02-12-07, 08:16 PM
kokomo61

Bikes: Giant OCR C2, Kona Jake the Snake, Scattante 650-R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Here's my new commuter.....Not the best of pics, but it's what I could take tonight....

I found a brand-new '06 Kona Jake the Snake for an awesome price at an LBS near Rochester, NY. Even with shipping to here, it was still a LOT less than I could find a Tiagra-equipped cyclocross bike in this area. Even with going to Ibex, I would have spent more for their X-Ray Race, and I might have spent a little less at BikesDirect for a Fantom Cross, I got a great bike at a great price.

Since my commute is on roads, streets and an MUP with only a short gravel section, I swapped the tires out for Michelin slicks, added Freddy Fenders and a Topeak Explorer rack with an MTX EX rack trunk. On the back, I've got a Blackburn Mars 3.0 and Cygolight flashers. I'll be adding a Topeak Redlight to the back of the rack with its factory mount kit. I also flipped the stem to raise the handlebars to a more comfortable height.

I haven't added front lighting or a computer yet, but that'll come in the next week or so....It's getting light enough that I don't need front lighting to see, but I may move my PlanetBike flasher off of my hybrid for visibility....

'06 Kona Jake the Snake