jeffremer

Bikes: 2006 Lemond Etape 105/Tiagra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Weekday Group/Club Rides out of San Francisco

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at all the websites and schedules for the clubs in and around San Francisco, trying to figure out which I should try and join. My problem is that I (luckily) have most of my free time in the daytime during the week and the group rides I come across are usually weekend rides. I don't have or want a car in the city, so getting to group rides that start really early in the North, South, or East Bay generally doesn't work out for me. I guess I could take BART East or South for early rides, but really I like riding to the start point. I guess I should embrace doing a 20 or 30 mile warm up just to get to the start point of the ride.

I'm a bit of a newbie, but I'm looking for something that starts anywhere in the city in the morning and rides out to Marin or South for longer rides. I haven't ridden Mt. Diablo yet, so I'd like to follow someone up it. I've been riding seriously for about six months. I try to ride everyday (including weekends, but that's usually when I'm at my busiest and laziest). My typical weekday ride is 30 to 50 miles, moderate pace (~15mph), and I try to hit the hills for the challege, though I'm still kind of weak on climbs.

I usually have the best ride when I force myself to get out early in the morning, but unless I've got it scheduled I tend to procrastinate and screw around until the afternoon. Starting a three or four hour ride and coming back at 6:00pm isn't as nice as coming back around noon and having a nice lunch. I always tell myself I'm going to get out by 8:00, but then 8:00 becomes 10:00 and that becomes 12:00, before you know it the clock says 3:00 and still haven't gone out for a ride (maybe I'm spending too much time on places like this, damn Internet).

So if you've got a group/club ride that sounds about right send it my way. I'm also up for just hooking up with one or two other like people, especially if you've got a similar schedule - it's a little lonely riding alone all the time and I need someone else to challenge me a little.

Thanks,

Jeff