View Single Post
Old 02-13-07, 05:37 PM
G60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey everybody...i'm 23 yrs old, 5'10" and tip the scales at 198-199 lbs. i have gained around 60 lbs in the last 3 years, and it is not muscle...all fat around my torso/chest. i primarily play hockey, and 200lbs is a pretty respectable weight on the rink, imagine my surprise when i'm considered a heavyweight on a bicycle! i started biking seriously primarily for aerobic and anaerobic conditioning for hockey, and hopefully on the bike and in the gym, i'll be able to replace much of my fat with muscle...my goal isn't to weight 140 again like back in high school, but i'd be very happy dropping below 170.

i'm already seeing excellent results with the aerobic conditioning on the bike, i no longer crash near the end of a hockey game like i did before...i can skate longer, harder, and don't feel exhausted after a game.

i ride an '06 Giant OCR2, and love riding...the weather here has been incredible, 3 rainy days this whole season. unfortunately during the summer the highs hit 100F for weeks on end.