Not obese just overweight

Bikes: Trek 7500fx, Cervelo Soloist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some ideas:

1. BREAK IT UP
Roll for 40 minutes in the morning, 30 at lunch, 50 in the evening, another half hour at night. Whenever you have a few minutes, jump back on the trainer.

2. SWITCH TO HIT
You realize you've got a month or six weeks of snow and rain ahead of you. It could be a good time to work on your aerobic training with high intensity training (HIT) intervals. The 6-minute Tabata workout will not help you lose weight but it will dramatically improve your VO2max, may increase your lactate threshold and should improve your endurance performance. The trainer is perfect for this.

3. DARK TRAINING
Riding the trainer in the dark is an alternative to looking for more distraction. Put on some relaxing music, turn out the lights, breathe and focus. I haven't found this improves my time in the saddle but it does stop any expectations that scenery should be buzzing by and it does seem to improve my ability to feel the "correctness" of my cadence, my sensitivity to lactate threshold, the efficiency of my spin and improve my ability to isolate or recruit work muscles.

Veho difficilis, ago facilis