Old 02-14-07, 03:24 PM
bigman7903

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blickblocks
I'm not sure what in particular you don't like about drop bars, but not all road bikes have em. You could get an inexpensive fixed gear or singlespeed and put any kind of bar you want on: flat bars, bullhorns, mustache, etc. I think for about $400 you could get a new fixed gear with a front brake and bullhorns, but that might entail going to a LBS and telling them what you want.

You should think about getting some clipless shoes and pedals, they will get you into the correct riding position and increase your efficiency significantly. You could also try toeclips, which can be used with normal shoes. Since I switched to toeclips from bare flats it's been dramatically more comfortable to pedal. A cheap clipless set might cost you $100, but toeclips shouldn't cost more than $20.
I have very wide shoulders, i wear a 54-56 suitcoat, and the drop down handles are way too small width wise for me to be totally comfortable. I looked at the single speeds, but i'm not sure i'd want to limit myslef to single speed since this would be my only bike. but yeah, i'll look into some biking shoes/toeclips

BTW where in cleveland are you, i'm from Bay Village. What are some good LBS? Thanks for the help.