View Single Post
Old 02-14-07, 08:32 PM
Stallionforce

Bikes: 05 Norco CRR Team Carbon Dura Ace, 06 Cervelo P2C TT Dura Ace, 88 Olmo Steelie w. Campy Mirage, Cypress CX w. 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Athletes and Diet

Well I am putting on my asbestos jacket...

I've noted that many endurance athletes (myself very much included) place little emphasis on their diet, and a great deal on their training regime. In fact, most of the guys I know don't eat very well at all, and of our little group, I'm probably the worst. I'm not a fast-food junkie by any means, and I do consume my oats, brown rice, eggs, poultry, spinach, etc. Problem for me is excessive sugar cravings, chocolate, and pastries mostly.

Now I know it's 'legal' to ingest such things after a hard ride. Problem is for me that it has really become a bit of a compulsive behaviour, and I find I am 'rewarding' myself or 'carroting' myself through the day often with these foods.

So I intend to break this habit. What I am wondering is how to optimise my diet. I'm open to suggestions, or any little bits of advice, or even general advice (such as books I might seek out). I know that the raw food fad is really big right now.

I'll leave it at that and see what sort of flames stir up here.