View Single Post
Old 02-15-07, 01:32 PM
Paul L.

Bikes: Mercier Corvus (commuter), Fila Taos (MTB), Trek 660(Got frame for free and put my LeMans Centurian components on it)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
I have no idea who answered "no" to this pointless poll, or what he or she was thinking, but, FWIW, it wasn't me.

Yeah, right. That's like "clarifying" all the "confusing" wheel count nonsense over at Bicycle Mechanics by having a poll on whether bicycles have one, two or three wheels.

If the concept of whether a vehicular cyclist can use a striped lane is confusing to you or requires clarification, you must have fallen down on your head at least one too many times.

I think it does indeed need clarifying. It would seem that a certain feeling is promulgated that states that if a certain person abides by Vehicular Cycling principles that he eschews bike lanes or special use lanes as dangerous and therefore should not ride within them. I think Bek is trying to find out how many people believe in this idea and how many hold a more moderate position on what VC is. I voted Yes by the way but that should be obvious though I may have fallen on my head a few times in my youth suffering through several minor concussions. (by the way, what is it with all these inferences to low intelligence? Can't we just disagree without being stupid too?)