lucklust
Danger is my middle name.

Bikes: Can't stand the damn things...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fresh Meat

I'm rolling a fixie as of this morning. I just picked up my new Bianchi Pista , and did ~50 miles on it today. Twenty minutes after I got it, I was doing monster climbs and the 30+ mph descents that came with them. She tried to buck me off once or twice, but we're cool now. I need a new seat, but I'm broke now, so it'll have to stay 'chrome' for the time being. I put light grey Crank Bros. Candy pedals on her so I can switch back to the Peugeot (which has blue Candy's) if I need to. I made the LBS put on a Shimano 105 front brake (moto-style) and a dummy lever on the left. The dummy actually looks pretty good.

As soon as I got home, I pulled off all of the extraneous stickers and blacked out the tires and the bianchiusa.com logo with a magic marker. I then named her 'Ping' (Chinese for graceful/beautiful) and sacrificed a live innertube. We're going to start our own one person cult, and live happily ever after... Until we have to drink the grape Kool-Aid, ala Jim Jones and/or this post by Superchivo.