Woodlark

Bikes: Rans Fusion/Catrike Road/Bacchetta Cafe'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by centexwoody
I had to tighten them one hole after riding with them for a week
My Powergrips do not have any holes for adjustment. Is that because yours are the "XL" size and mine are not? I wear a size 11 shoe, and currently have the Powergrips adjusted as loose as they will go (only adjustment is how far they are inserted into the clamp on the outside-front of the pedal). Do I possibly need the "XL" version?

Originally Posted by dminor
The one thing I did notice was they behave much better with a pedal that has some sort of toe-flip built in.
My pedals have a toe-flip, but it is quite small and I don't think it does much good; they are Wellgo pedals that came on the bike. I think one problem might be that the rather agressive tread on my shoes (Merrell Close Pursuit Mocs) and the "teeth" on the pedal combine to make entry more difficult. Last night I ordered MKS GR9 pedals off EBay. They look like they might work much better with the Powergrips and my shoes.

I had also considered mini toe clips instead of the Powergrips (the ones that do not use straps). Any idea if they would be better or worse than the Powergrips?

Eventually, I plan to switch to clipless pedals (Crank Bros. Candy SL), but I just got the bike (a Rans Fusion) and want to get used to it before I add clipless pedals into the equation.