DaBigRague
DaBigRague

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spin Class Pain

Hey guys

I have been doing a spin class for the past 3 weeks (every Wed AM and Saturday), and it is a great thing. I wish I would have found out about this earlier. It is totally building up my legs and the fact that I can wear my spin shoes is only a plus in my mind.

That being said, my left knee is hurting moreso than it has ever in the past. I injured it in high school, but this is probably the worse it has ever felt. nI may be over exagerating a bit, but it hurt to the point that as part of my workout routine after a I run (3 miles) I do my leg workout. I went to squat and it felt as if the inside of my knee was going to burst (it just felt weaker and very sore). I couldn't squat, but could do the remaining leg exercises (press, curl, extension, and calf).

Is this just growing pains, or attributed to me not being on my custom fitted road bike?, or should I be freaking out? I can still run, and do not experience discomfort, its just when I go to squat etc.... Typically aggrevated after a spin class.

I may be looking at the obvious, but do not want to give up the spin class, as I am totally hooked and see it benefiting me when I get back out there in the spring (no winter riding for me).

Anyone else experience this? I am hoping that its tendonidus (spelling?), and nothing a few Advil could not take care of.

Thanks in advance for your help.