Old 02-21-07, 03:25 AM
BlankCrows
Avenir Equipped

Bikes: Chesini X-Uno, etc.....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw the end of Stage 2 today in Sacramento. Took me fifteen minutes or so from my place to ride my bike to the state capitol where the stage ended.

Finish loop was 3+ laps around the capitol building downtown, finishing on the street on the north side of the capitol.

Lots of people there. I cruised around and was going to pay $10 for a Jelly Belly musette bag and didn't after they had no change for a twenty. A few yards further down the vendor/sponsor row I got a free one from another stand.

I was on the south side of the capitol and got to see the peloton go by four times. After the race I was talking to one of the motorcycle riding Mavic mechanics (which team was that?) and he was amazed at the number of people on the course (for the whole event). He mentioned the crowd in Davis as "amazing" and "bikes all over the place". He was surpised when I told him that the police cars there have big bicycle logos on their cars and that Bicycling Magazine raves about that place.

I didn't get too many photos and the only decent ones are below: (1) Finish Line, (2) Looking back to the finish line (right to left was the race path), (3) a big screen there, (4) the Toyota-United team had some similarly dressed spokespeople handing out team logo and roster emblazoned metal bells to ring in exchange for name and email address, so I dutifully lined up to get one. Note the bells near the girl's arm here......

Sacramento Stage 2 Finish Line
Beyond the Finish Line
Big Screen
Toyota-United Team Bell Giveaway