Old 02-21-07, 11:51 AM
CrosseyedCrickt
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblehand
I agree that one should not take the opinion of one person too seriously without corresponding evidence. But he does appear to present evidence--note that I did not write proof--supporting some of his claims.

That everyone seems to get so fired-up about him motivated me to read his book and a handful of articles. I started reading his stuff with the expectation that he will have some good ideas, some bad, and perhaps present interesting evidence along the way.
I started reading it, but it bored me about as much as watching a chicken roast. Good thing I never purchased it but rather found a PDF of it.
Here is what I think. In 1970, on the roads in California (or wherever he was), maybe this was the best style to ride and methods and wot-not. But that was 30 years ago. Operating a motor vehicle in 1970 was considered more of a privilage than what it is now. The speed limits were lower, the traffic was lower, and people recognized cycling as trasportation. Nowadays is a completely different world. I wouldn't read a book on using a 30 year old calculator and pretend to know how to program a 2007 computer.