Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 02-21-07, 11:22 PM
Danhalen

Bikes: Urbanite Road Bike, Mielle Fixed Gear Conversion, Vintage Lejeune Track Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jet sanchEz
Cool, I've never ridden a funny bike and only seen a couple in Toronto. There is a courier with a Concorde (I think) funny bike, it looks neat.
Yeah it is a Concorde geared bike with a sloping top tube. I've never talked to the guy but I see him on the road almost daily. He has it set up with a riser stem and standard road drops. It's kind of a white/grey/black pattered colour. It looks pretty cool. There is another guy Sean who rides a one of those KHS pursuit frames as his work bike. He also has a Gardin pursuit frame that he broke and was using as his work bike until the end of the summer. Joe at Urbane has one of the KHS's as well. Other than that there aren't too many around here that I've seen on the road.

I want to build my own funny bike. An uber long seatpost and HUGE riser bars for my old small mountain bike would probably do the trick. The finishing touches would be some handlebar streamers and a horn that plays La Cuckaracha. Oh and one of these: http://exophrenia.typepad.com/exophr...es/update1.jpg mounted to the handlebars.