Old 02-22-07, 09:56 AM
dirtyphotons
antisocialite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i'm still a bit confused about how it happened. you were filtering through three lanes of stopped traffic, and yet he managed to get from a side street on the right, all the way to the marker between the two leftmost lanes. was he cutting quickly through a gap in the two right lanes?

i think that would clearly put him at fault, as a vehicle moving straight down a road with no stop signs you have the right of way.

as far as filtering, i hear (hear, don't know) that it's a violation in most places. that being said, it doesn't mean you're at fault if he pulls out in front of you. (edit: this statement is probably wrong. i don't think having broken a law automatically always puts you at fault, but in this situation i could see how it might)

i'm really trying to look at this from both sides, and much as it was with my last car/bike accident i don't think anyone was being grossly negligent. it was avoidable by both parties (he should've made sure there was no one coming, you could've been riding more slowly while filtering) but neither was doing something incredibly stupid.

Last edited by dirtyphotons; 02-22-07 at 10:12 AM.