View Single Post
Old 02-23-07, 07:10 AM
Alekhine
1. e4 Nf6

Bikes: Mercian KoM with Rohloff, Bike Friday NWT, Pogliaghi Italcorse (1979)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cosmoline

They're an Alaskan staple. One of the few wheat hardtack breads left in commercial production. I think you can get them in some Seattle specialty shops. You'll notice how they're tied down. Not one broke in spite of that.

Here's some with some spruce hen:
Ahh, k. Thanks. Looks like gigantic crackers. I should try to wrangle some of that stuff for camping sometime.

EDIT: Just googled it to see where I could get some, and found this funny website description under the heading "Holiday Alaska Style."

"Appetizers: A plate will arrive. Everyone will wait to watch you eat. It’s the official appetizer of Alaska. Pilot bread, a hunk of Spam, a piece of canned pineapple and a toothpick. The toothpick will be the best part. Pilot bread has the taste and texture of cement. The Alaskans have placed bets to see how many teeth you will crack. Eat the pineapple, feed the Spam to one of the many dogs that will be milling about the Sourdough’s cabin, put the tooth pick behind one ear, and save the Pilot bread for a weapon in case the party gets frisky later."

I still want to try it, heh.

Last edited by Alekhine; 02-23-07 at 07:20 AM.