Old 02-26-07, 05:25 PM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by BenyBen
I have relatives that sometimes pick us up, but it's mostly when we visit relatives that live outside town. Our day to day life is handled without a car. We keep in good relation with the neighbors, but have never had to ask for a ride. 2 days after we were out of the hospital, we took the baby out and we went to the restaurant. We also went shopping and other things like that. We used a baby carrier (which we still use) to carry the baby in front of us, allowing us the use of both hands. We don't use a trailer yet, but plan to possibly use one sometimes this summer. I leave from work by bike to go to the daycare, then I walk with the baby home.We have a car seat, which we use on the occasions when we use a cab, or lifts from relatives.Our main mode of transportation while with the baby is a mix ofBMW (Bus Metro Walk). I must mention the baby carrier again, because without it I don't think this would be so easy. We've been to the doctor for planned visits, as well as 1 or 2 unplanned. We used the bus or cab to take us there, the doctor is about 3-4km away.No real emergencies, but we've used a caon a couple occasions. We keep some money available at all time for emergency cab rides. Odd trips to places, all the time, but we've gotten to be experts at prepping up to leave in no time, and correspond with transit.I'll ask her if she's interested. We are in the city yes.
Sounds like you are very well prepared. Sounds like the physical lay out of the neighborhood helps too.