Bud Bent
Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by n4zou
We are currently trying to clean up a Rails to Trails MUP about a mile from my home. We are forming a Trail Watch group with volunteers, which use the MUP on a daily basis. We have safety vests with Trail Watch printed front and back and a First Aid cross and we carry basic First Aid supplies along with basic tools for patching tires and adjusting stuff like brakes, seat posts, and that sort of thing. We also carry Cell phones donated by people that no longer need or want them. All they will do is call 911 but that’s all we want them for anyway. We report motorized vehicles using the trail and anything else not allowed on the trail. It's beginning to have a positive effect and the Sheriffs department has confiscated 13 4-wheelers, 3 small motorcycles and one Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Good for you. I started down that route, but it became pretty obvious that the City of Arlington had neither the manpower nor interest to do much. They did move some logs to block the dirt trail where my wife got hit, and told me to use 911 to report illegal activity on the path, but after a couple of calls, it was obvious that my fireman friend was right. He had told me that if I ever had a break-in or prowler at home, call the fire department rather than the police; the fire department would get there much quicker.