Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Evan92
Well I forgot about these other trails that I wouldn't mind riding and those have crushed limestone and the other trails are off-road. We went to the LBS yesterday and I was recommended a Giant Yukon by the salesperson. It seemed like a nice bike. Pretty light too.
A Yukon won't be very good on the road. The Yukon is designed for off road riding... If you are really looking to do road rides of more than a few miles it is an incredibly bad choice.

Did you tell the salesperson what you have told us here? If so, find another salesperson.

If you want to do mostly road riding and a little off roading, you really should go with something like the Sedona or Cypress (in the Giant line-up, or similar bikes in other vendors' line-ups)

I do 40+ miles on crushed limestone with my Sedona with slicks, and metric centuries on the road.

I don't do any true mountain biking, so that may color my opinions, but if you want to do long road rides, they will only seem long on a Yukon.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson