Striving for Fredness

Bikes: Old Giant Rincon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbarros
Hey Guys,

So, I'd been riding my bicycle to the train with a friend of mine. His light arangement is 2 headlights on his bars, and a blinker on back. Mine is the same in back, but I have a headlamp on my helmet instead. He says this bothers him because he keeps catching a glimpse of it over his shoulder and thinking I'm a car or something. Personally, I commute a few miles before sunup to get to his house at dawn for our commute, and I like being able to look a driver in the eye, and then know that he saw me. That being said, I don't want to piss off the guy I ride with. (who is also the guy who's been very patient with me, teaching me how to put bikes together, and begging borrowing and doing everything but stealing to get me on a good roadbike cheap)

The ride to work and back are both dawn/duskish rides on high traffic arteries.

Suggestions?

Thanks

-- James
Any chance you could use a bike mounted main headlight and a lower powered or different colored helmet light? They make lots of elastic headlights (last time I was at Home Depot they had a selection of about 20) with decent LED's that come in different colors too.