View Single Post
Old 03-03-07, 12:17 PM
coyboy

Bikes: Easy Racer Tour Easy, Bumblebeast (off road recumbent), Trek 5.2 Pilot, Rans Dynamik, Rans Alterra Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
thanks for the tips. the bento box might work below my top tube but my stem dont look tall enough to fit over. my lg 520 has a wide space under the top tube and over sloping one. might be a little more difficult to get stuf out quickly mounted under. a velcro mount on the seat tube or top tube might work too. on the stopping and hollering at the dog. It might work most of the time but I had one german shepard actuall bit my leg when i slowed down (befor i could get off the bike). fortunatly it wasnt a hard bit and did not break the skinn but it did bruise my thigh a little. Once it took a nip and i hollerd real loud he/she left me alone. I dont think i completly stopped but I cant remember that detail now. that was last fall and I have not ridden by that house since. I can avoid it but taking the next road over so i just do that. but at another house I usually ride by it just as i top the mountain so I'm real tard (give out) when i get her. 2 dogs nearly alwasy give chace and they are large dogs. I holler and they quite as soon as i get on past but I'm afraid i will wreck as they pass by right in front of me so i thought I'd just use the pepper spray and break them once and for all. might help the next cyclist who happens by. I'll bet there are some mounts that would fit on a belt like police use. but I am usually in sweat pants or gym shorts when riding so that might not work either. Now I need to get another can cause I often ride while the wife is gone and the only one I have right now is in her purse. I will keep exploring my options and maybe try the stopping and hollering tecnique.

Coy Boy