View Single Post
Old 03-05-07, 09:00 AM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5345 Post(s)
Liked 2,169 Times in 1,288 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Al (Noisebeam)--Great pics, especially those desert sunsets. I guess you got your photo merit badge as well as the one for cycling!

Do you (or other Phoenix riders) use these bikeways much?
Thanks about the photos - they are all taken during evening bike rides from my house - all the same freeway, I just like to capture different 'seasons' from dust storms to monsoon sunsets. That freeway at that location carries 208,000 cars per 24hr day (in 2005). I wonder how wide a bicycle freeway would need to be to support that many bikes per day? - safely carrying those wanting to go as fast as they can to those wanting to go as slow as they want.

I don't use any bikeways for my transport or recreation. I would if they went to where I wanted to go AND they were not interrrupted every mile or so by a major road crossing.

The first two photos are of the pedestrian/bicycle freeway crossing. That I do use for the evening leisure rides I do, but avoid it for commuting prefering more direct and less stop and go routes.

Al