View Single Post
Old 03-05-07, 03:17 PM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 2,569 Times in 1,217 Posts
That was the hand-built frame show in SJ? I didn't make it. I ended up with another bike project and I'm trying to make them ridable so they are back on the street and not pressing the margins of my garage. I've turned into the "Orphan King" of bikes. Sometimes I hear the chatter of a cassette on my front porch and run out to find another abused bike laying on it's side trying to spin a few more rotations before it gets returned to storage. There is only so much I can do... Luckily my son is a messanger in the city and he raids the pile once in awhile to keep it under control. Thanks again for showing me the ropes, a little info goes a long way on the internet. It looks like it is a 92' 93' bike with the upgraded bottom bracket that cured the gluing problems. The blemishes in the surfacecoat are superficial so I can go from there. It's sure a sweet looking bike and I'm not sure yet if I'll keep it or pass it on. Take care, CURB