Old 03-06-07, 09:56 PM
Nermal

Bikes: Giant Cypress SX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Why won't they just make. . .

a bike for short people. I'm getting really hungry for a new bike. Something bridging the gap between a touring and a road cycle. You know, reasonably light weight, semi skinny tires, say 700 28-32, and clearance for fenders. You know, they make such things, and on a good day I can convince myself that I can afford some of them, so off to read the specs. So, what's out there? Small, medium (or metric equivalant) large, and gigantic. So what's the standover height? About 26". What's my inseam in bare feet. Yep, about 26", and that includes the women's frames. Trust me, if I had to ride bare foot, that top tube would hurt. Well, that's it. Thanks for listening.

Oh, if anyone happens to know of something a bit lower than 26" without going to a 26" tire, my idea of affordable is somewhere between $900.00 and 1,200.00 - and that's on a good day. On a bad day, I'm 5'6", and cycling has taught me my legs are short relative to my not imposing height.