View Single Post
Old 03-07-07, 05:11 AM
DataJunkie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bmclaughlin807
I've been doing 24 miles a day 4x a week 15 on Fridays, and 75+ on weekends. This weekend I have a 45 mile ride scheduled with RMCC and the 60 mile ride on Sunday. I'm planning on doing a lot more than just centuries this summer, though... I'm signing up for brevets...

I'm planning on all three of the populaires (116-122 km each), the entire Super Randonneur series (200, 300, 400 & 600 km rides) plus an additional 200 or 300 km brevet. Oh... and did I mention that all but one of those rides is BEFORE the Triple Bypass... I have no idea what I'll do after July... Start training for next year, I guess.

The rides I have scheduled will qualify me for:
200km brevet medal
300km medal
400km medal
600km medal
Super Randonneur medal
These rides would also qualify me for the 1200k brevets, like the Paris-Brest-Paris, though I won't be able to do it.
These medals are all internationally santioned, I'd also qualify for the 1000k total distance medal through RUSA, and the additional populaires will get me the 2000k.

NEXT year I hope to complete a 1200k brevet... my goal is to do it in a time that would qualify me for RAAM. (Race Across AMerica)

So... who's up for some riding? Info about brevets
Wackjob! I mean that in the most sincere way possible.
I rode 6-7 days a week almost 300 miles each week last summer. It took months for me to recover and was quite literally burned out. For me recovery days are a must.