View Single Post
Old 03-07-07, 11:01 AM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Louis
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Terry. I just overhauled one for a friend, it has a 700c rear wheel and a 24" front wheel, it's a nice bike.

I know Terry is supposedly a womens specific design but would it not fit a shorter man as well? Or perhaps there are numbers and angles I'm just not aware of.
I've got a couple of older bikes which have the small front wheel and larger rear wheel (not Terrys, though). The ones I have are a bit twitchy, as they seem to be more race oriented than touring, but that is not necessarily the case with the more modern Terry bicycles.

WSD bicycles have slightly different geometries than men's bicycles. Additionally, they normally have smaller brakehandles, and the travel with the brakes is not as great (because women have smaller hands normally). It's not just the saddle that's different. Nermal may very well wish to check into Terry bicycles, although again, in his area, finding a Terry dealer may be difficult.

East Hill